Rigid PVC Granule
Rigid PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) granules are another form of PVC, distinct from their soft counterparts due to their different properties and applications. Rigid PVC granules are small, hard particles of PVC, which do not contain plasticizers that are typically added to make PVC flexible. This results in a more solid, durable material. Rigid PVC is created through the polymerization of vinyl chloride monomers and is one of the most widely used plastic materials.
Rigid PVC is known for its strength and durability, making it resistant to impact, weathering, and chemical corrosion. It is relatively inexpensive to produce and provides a good cost-to-performance ratio. It has low reactivity with chemicals and water, making it ideal for various industrial applications. Rigid PVC is inherently fire resistant and does not easily catch fire.
· Piping and Plumbing: Widely used in the construction industry for water pipes, sewage pipes, and fittings.
· Building Materials: In windows, doors, and roofing solutions.
· Medical: Used in medical containers and in some medical equipment due to its safe and stable nature.
· Packaging: For durable packaging materials, including bottles and containers.
· Electronics: In electrical conduits and insulation for wiring.